Dr. Bowen’s Approach
Dr. Bowen has been a specialist in digestive, autoimmune and complex conditions for nearly 2 decades. She should be considered when you have been directly referred to her by another provider or if you have seen several providers previously for your conditions. As a Board Fellow in Naturopathic Gastroenterology, she is often able to help people who have not found digestive relief while working with other providers.
- Digestive Health – Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, GERD/heartburn, SIBO, Methane Overgrowth, abdominal pain, gas, bloating, nausea and vomiting
- Autoimmune or inflammatory conditions – Rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune thyroid conditions, joint pain and inflammation, Sjogren’s syndrome, Scleroderma, Lupus and more.
- Mold and Mycotoxin exposure – Dr. Bowen is a Mold Literate Provider who can help you navigate your healing post mold/mycotoxin exposure.
- Complex symptoms or conditions that are not being well managed with other care
Dr. Tieu’s Approach
In addition to offering holistic Primary Care and a holistic approach to mental health, Dr. Tieu specializes in the following conditions:
- Dermatology (skin care for dermatitis, eczema, candida, acne, and psoriasis)
- Chronic Pain and autoimmune conditions
- Natural Hormone Balance – irregular menses (not bioidentical-HRT), Thyroid and Adrenal Health
- Chronic Fatigue
- Non-complex digestive conditions – IBS, dysbiosis, candida
Dr. Bowen published an article in June 2017 issue of the Townsend Letter
Dr. Bowen published an article in April 2018 "The SCD Naturopath"
Frequently asked questions
Yes, both Dr. Bowen & Dr. Tieu can still see you for educational consultations, or for getting a second opinion on your case. They cannot, however, fully treat or diagnose you within their full scope of practice and cannot provide coded bills for out-of-network insurance reimbursement for the consultations.
No, Bothell Natural Health isn’t currently contracted with any insurance companies at this time and does not plan on becoming contracted with them in the future. Insurance usage for services doesn’t allow our Doctors to do the testing or recommend the treatments that Dr. Bowen or Dr. Tieu believe are necessary to help you reclaim your health. That being said, patients who wish to pursue out-of-network insurance reimbursement may request a coded bill at the time of your appointment (available for WA patients only). Insurance may be used for some laboratory expenses.
- Extended First visit: if you have had a longer and more detailed health condition or conditions and need more time to review labs from outside providers with Dr. Bowen at your first visit.
- Extended Follow up: if you have more than one lab test to review with Dr. Bowen. The 3-day stool test report can take 45 minutes to review and that may not be the only lab result we are hoping to review during a follow-up visit.
Straightforward condition: at least 3 months to experience a significant health transformation for one non-complex condition.
More complex conditions: more than 3 months but generally will experience health improvement in the first 3 months.
Longer term health relationships: If you take any medications prescribed by Dr. Bowen, by law you are required to have at least one annual visit. If you are taking thyroid or immune treatments, you may need to have 2 visits per year, one for lab ordering and one for lab review and plan refinement.
No. 1:1 care is a separate service and only the 12-week programs will have a weekly group Q and A that Dr. Bowen may engage in. Programs aren’t meant to be a substitute for 1:1 care
Dr. Bowen is available for hired speaking engagements, dependent on the approval of topics/content by both parties. Speaking fees vary and depend on the topic, venue, time spent, etc… Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Bowen may offer free or low-cost talks or Masterclasses from time to time, but other than these opportunities Dr. Bowen is not offering free talks at this time. If you have an unpaid opportunity to offer, you may present it but it is unlikely that it will be approved.