Patient referrals from Advanced Holistic Health:
- Due to changes in the law, you must become Dr. Bowen’s patient first by having a full new patient visit before determination is made as to whether or not you qualify as a valid medical marijuana patient in Washington State. Medical records must be obtainable by Dr. Bowen or you must bring them with you to your first visit. Records must show diagnosis of qualifying condition and prior treatments tried. If you have questions or would like to schedule a new patient appointment, please call 425-485-7441.
Qualifying conditions for the use of Medical Marijuana in the State of Washington:
- Cancer, including but not limited to: tumors of the brain, breast, cervix, lung, prostate, skin and lymphatic system (Cannabis has direct anti-tumor effects)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Epilepsy or other seizure disorder, or spasticity disorders
- Intractable pain, defined as pain unrelieved by standard medical treatments and medications
- Glaucoma, either acute or chronic, defined as increased intraocular pressure unrelieved by standard treatments and medications
- Crohn’s disease with debilitating symptoms unrelieved by standard treatments or medications
- Hepatitis C with debilitating nausea or intractable pain unrelieved by standard treatments or medications
- Renal Failure undergoing dialysis
- Diseases, including anorexia, which result in nausea, vomiting, wasting, appetite loss.
- Asthma/Bronchospasm/COPD/Chronic Bronchitis (Classified as a spasticity Disorder: cannabis is a natural bronchodilator-for constrictive respiratory syndromes cannabis patients should primarily use vaporized forms)
- Diseases or disorders which cause cramping, seizures, muscle spasms, or spasticity, when these symptoms are unrelieved by standard treatments or medications.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Updates on Recent Medical Marijuana Law Changes
(link to the Washington State Department of Health website)